Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent

We are almost in the second week of Advent!
 
I am so happy that we were able to be a little more on top of things this year regarding our Advent wreath and tree. Sounds like not a big deal but since being married I realize how hard it is to have things ready in time for Christmas.
 
Last year our tree wasn't up until the week before Christmas. To me that just isn't enough time to enjoy the season.
 
This year our hopes were to prepare the house for Christmas on the first weekend of Advent.
 
And so here we are. 
 
 



Once again, as was the case last year.... Rose doesn't pay much attention to the tree. She sees it first thing in the morning... says wow and then moves on with her day. I am happy to say we don't have any problems with her destroying it or picking it apart. Even though I thought she would be all over it, picking at it, climbing it perhaps....One less thing to worry about.
 
Tonight we went to the vigil for the Holy Day Feast of the Immaculate Conception and we survived another mass. Every mass puts gray in my hair. Especially being pregnant I seem to be more prone to hot sweats and blushing when I lose my cool with Rose in the middle of mass in the middle of a million people. I looked at Rose as she misbehaved and then looked at Zac and whispered "I wonder what Mother Teresa was like at this age?". Zac and I both laughed for a few short seconds and then stress returned as I had to discipline Rose. This too shall pass.
 
Rose is in her crib for time out so often she now says "sorry mom/dad" followed by a kiss as we take her out when her time out is up.
 
We still love her. So much.


Mom (27 weeks pregnant) and Rose (23 months)
 
-Clara
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment